Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Memento

 


The 5 vs The Lava 
Materials used: Wood, Stain, Red Paint




Detail Photo





This sculpture reflects the time spent with my siblings playing a game known as the floor is lava. The amount of time we spent getting foot prints on counter tops while jumping from bar stool to bar stool finally to end back up on the couch. The memory of placing books and magazines, really anything we could find, as stepping stones to get across the room without touching the floor. The usage of wood was to resemble a natural at home feel, the stain used on the wood also resembles the hard wood flooring that covers the entirety of my house. The five wooding figures represent my four siblings and I, each wooden bead has a wooding dowel piece that sticks through to the other side, I did this to give more animation to the figures; to make them more human like . The red paint used to resemble the lava my siblings I imagined was flooding the space beneath us. The paint was layered to create a liquid filled space that was carved into the wood. 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Art21 Response

Paul Pfeiffer https://art21.org/watch/extended-play/paul-pfeiffer-interrupting-the-broadcast/ Paul Pfeiffer is a very observant and organize...